Elemental Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://elementalgold.forumotion.com

ASSET: Abandoned Airship near Greyscale Empty ASSET: Abandoned Airship near Greyscale

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:04 pm
Yuri was the one that slipped the details.  In a bad game of Diamonds, she promised an airship as balance to the pot.  She lost.  The airship was broken. She paid in other ways.  Regardless, you were at the table when Yri's ship was spilled out to the public.  Well not the public. The General Public. The pub public.  Drinking Hole Club. The regulars. The Group. Them's Folks.
You all know. All of you.  Some fellow guildmates know.  Most don't care. Too much trouble to fix it up. It's a mess.  Walking's safer. DuuDuu riding is safer too.  But you might just take a bit at Yuri's Promise.  She might after she pays off her debts.  If she ever does.

Asset
Broken down Airship
Passenger Cap 4.  Exposed seating.
Tonnage Capacity: 800 Kg.
Bladder Type: Rigid frame Dual Hydrogen bags
Power plant: Li ion Battery with 2x electric propeller motor
Maximum Altitude: 1,000 m.

Known Issues:
Broken propeller motors.
Missing seats
No locking harnesses for storage.
No helium in either bladder.

Unknown issues:
Hardware: [Aerospace] Skill Check
Mark.k.schultz

ASSET: Abandoned Airship near Greyscale Empty Re: ASSET: Abandoned Airship near Greyscale

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:42 pm
Micholas Faustwagen, a.k.a. "The Stranger" is curious about Yuri's wearabouts in the recent weeks... Or the closest approximation one can get to "weeks" on The Beach.

Knowledge spy check, 39/80, pass.

Micholas devises a way to gain access to Yuri's personal accounts through a series of phishing emails and keylogger viruses.

Infiltrate check 60/80 pass

The Stranger sends a few emails from fake accounts in Yuri's direction. One is opened, and a keylogger virus is uploaded to Yuri's device. The Stranger patiently waits until a login and password for his Nova Horizon account is entered. The Stranger waits until Yuri dozes off later in the day, then logs in, changing security notification settings, deleting the "sign in from new device" message, and then starts going through Yuri's personal data.

Perceive 67/60, fail.

Looking through emails, The stranger is unable to find anything pertaining to an airship. Maybe Yuri's location data?

Perceive 8/60 pass

The Stranger downloads Yuri's location data and identifies a few candidate remote locations on The Beach that Yuri may have stashed an airship.
He shares this information with the group.
21PILATE

ASSET: Abandoned Airship near Greyscale Empty Re: ASSET: Abandoned Airship near Greyscale

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:56 am
[This story assumes 21PILATE can access the airship in "person"]

The lower compartment of the zeppelin fills with some kind of floating, spinning brass tokens. As soon as the accumulation reaches a certain saturation, the hologram of a young child of uncertain gender appears. He is buried in the dress blues of a transit officer. His shoulders sport large brass "21" badges, and much smaller G36 badges. The hologram seems to walk while the swarmanoid follows it.
"I'm beginning my sweep of the dirigible now," 21PILATE dictates to the Guild's tacnet. "Listen, I'm gonna pilot this to the Port Authority, we have a bunch of ones like this also missing parts, we can exchange out what we need, but I need someone to go with me and move the stuff." He turns to an unseen crowd of people. "Well fan out and gimme the Bad News Bears!"

21 PILATE applies the following skills:
Perceive [85], Know(Transit Authority) (75), Know(Failure Analysis) [75], Know(Salvage Operations) [55], Know(SafetyRegs) [75], and Hardware(Aerospace) [45]
21PILATE

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 am
ROLLS:
PERCEIVE [85]: 60
TRANSIT AUTH [75]: 51
FAILURE ANLYZ [75]: 85
SALVAGE OPS [55]: 31
SAFETYREGS [75]: 100
HW AERO [45]: 81
Mark.k.schultz

Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:47 am
Stranger responds over the guild tacnet. "PILATE, glad to hear you were able to find that thing and get it working. Send me a preliminary list of supplies you will need and I'll make sure they are available once you reach the Port Authority. "

G rep 59/70 pass to mobilize a group of ne'r do well guild contacts to help source the supplies PILATE indicates.

Stranger reaches out to a contact, Jesshua , who runs an airship repair Depot that doubles as a chop shop for stolen vehicles. "Jeshie, how would you like to have the guild owe you a favor?"
Stranger arranges for Jeshie and his crew to meet at the Port authority, transport Yuri's airship to his Depot, and get it repaired.
21PILATE

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:03 am
"Thanks for the assist, Stranger."
The child's hologram turns to the attending personnel on the top deck of the Port Authority aerostat.
"There's a repair swarm in the Vending Machine, pour that on Engine 2, the rest of you salvage and install these parts on the zep, whatever you can't find, send a request to Our Friend. For helping me I'll give you guys the blueprints to our entire in-flight dinner can menu."

LATER:
"I'm not supposed to do most of this, but," the young avatar ran his fingers through his hair and gently replaced his conductor's cap on his head. "You ever play one of those games where you get a fast-travel vehicle for the first time? I am happy to report, that's basically us. Any of you guys want me to come pick you up? I got premium Dinner-In-A-Can!"
Admin
Admin

Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:01 pm
Jesshua is more than happy to help, as long as you help him later. Jesshie always demands favors for work. Good trades since money leaves trails and favors tend to disappear into the air.

Pilate You've several successes including a crit success in safety regs.

Pilate please describe your successes and failures. Once you post, we will find out what Jesshie will do and what he will ask for.
21PILATE

Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:39 pm
TRANS AUTH: (pass) this was once a transit authority inspection blimp and however Yuri got it the codes now match RBTA creds.
SALVAGE OPS: (pass) Successfully towed to RBTA by hovercraft.
SAFETY REGS: (crit) This blimp has been retrofitted for greatly improved safety complying with all regs and sealing the crew compartment from the outside.
PERCEPTION: (pass) AEROSP. (fail) FAILURE AN. (Ironically, fail): there's something still wrong with this bitch and I'm not sure what, but I think it's somewhere in the gasbag. We're losing Helium and I keep having to replace it with Hydrogen, so keep fire well away from this thing.
21PILATE

Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:56 pm
21PILATE stood, or appeared to stand, on the bridge of the blimp, which he had yet to name.
An element of his muse, an Inspector Chelwortz, appeared and approached him. She had a red envelope. "We're still losing helium," she reported, "and this is the report you wanted. You sure you wanna read it?"
"Yeah," said the 'young' AGI. He performed the formality of taking the envelope and opening it.
MORALE: 64 (pass)
He stared at it for a long time.
"Well?" Said Chelwortz. "What is it?"
DECEPTION: 66 (crit)
"A loophole you could fly a carrier through. We just got carte blanche," said 21PILATE. "Our days of corporate oversight are over. We're gonna turn this thing around, I'd give it a couple months tops." He folded the note into an A6 Intruder and threw it into virtual space. "Name this old gasbag The Pontius after my dad."
"Aye sir," said Chel. They saluted each other. She walked out of the holomatrix. He watched her go. "Sonovabitch," he said out loud. "Dad's gonna kill me..."
Admin
Admin

Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:47 pm
RESULT
The airship now IFF registers to Rapog's Beach Transit Authority.
The propellor system is still broken.
Jesshua will help repair broken systems for a Favor. See STORY: 40,000 Liters of Love.
A thin Plastic sheeting covers the passenger compartment. Still no seats.
The helium bladder still won't fill.
RBTA hovercraft will tow the craft to Jesshua's Hanger. See STORY: 40,000 Liters of Love.

The ASSET still has unknown issues.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum